Wow. I had very high expectations for this film (based on the extremely positive reviews and ratings out there and from comments friends made) and The Dark Knight met those expectations. This movie is fantastic. Personally, I’ve become a bit tired of all the super hero movies coming out but The Dark Knight advances the genre so much that it’s simply a wicked good movie.
I won’t go into too much detail in this review, but will rather go through a few points.
- Heath Ledger deserves an Oscar for that performance.
- I’m a huge Morgan Freeman fan; any movie with him automatically gets 3 / 5 stars.
- This movie felt like we were watching a graphic comic book. It’s got a great feel to it.
- It was 2.5 hour long and did not drag at all.
- Maggie Gyllenhaal filled in well for Katie Holmes.
- If Heath Ledger does not receive the Oscar for best male performance, then the Oscars have lost all authority.
- Yes, Heath is that good in this film.
- Batman has some damn cool gadgets that put Apple to shame.
- Batman has some damn scary surveillance technology that puts Big Brother to shame.
My highest review yet:
4.99999 / 5
I don’t believe in perfection, which is the only reason this film did not receive a 5/5. If you’re looking to get immersed in another world, go watch The Dark Knight.